In addition to WDM services between Utrecht and Waalwijk and between Rotterdam and Waalwijk, Dataplace also offers an optical transport path which is configured for redundancy. This technology allows short distance optics to be used in the datacenters, while we take care of the optical transport over these distances. This renders it unnecessary to buy special optics on a specific (D)WDM channel, driving down the costs of implementation for our customers.
Features of Optical Transport
- Very high bandwidths from 10 Gbit/s up to 40 Gbit/s;
- Low latency: < 1 msec. per 100 km;
- Supports protocols: Ethernet, Fiber Channel and SDI video;
- Connects to your datacenter network and hardware;
- Very high availability through fully geographically separated route.